Make a new friend while practicing your Spanish!
We’ve decided to try our Spanglish Social activity on a new platform: online! The idea is that two individuals can connect to do a language exchange on Skype. It’s free to REGISTER, and then just $5 to connect for the first time with someone. After the first connection, the language partners can decide if they want to continue practicing together at no additional cost. We will be putting people’s profiles on our website soon so that people can select the language partners they want (kind of like online dating!)
How does it work?
- Register online to be included on the website as a Spanglish Connects participant, and send us a recent picture of yourself. Send the photo to email@example.com with a reference to your registration. We will keep your real name and contact information confidential.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select the person or people you would like to connect with by emailing us your selection(s). We will check the person’s availability and let you know if they accept, in which case both parties must pay $5 in order for us to release contact information.
- Meet your Spanglish partner online (usually on Skype) and speak 30 minutes of Spanish, and 30 minutes of English.
- Schedule another session with your partner if you enjoyed the first session.