If you have just finished your TEFL/TESOL program and would like to get an idea of what it would be like to teach in Costa Rica while improving your Spanish at the same time, we have the perfect opportunity for you! In this program, we offer our week-long Spanish classes, which facilitate rapid progress through full cultural immersion, and we include classroom observation and co-teaching in our English classes. For each week of Spanish immersion, you can observe up to 5 hours of English classes and co-teach two lessons. At the conclusion of the program, we will give you a letter of recommendation that verifies the number of hours of training you received, and of course we will consider you for any open positions at our institute.
This program includes…
- 20 hours a week of highly conversational, semi-private classes (2-5 students).
- Complete one (of fifteen) levels of Spanish in a week.
- The option to stay with a local host family with full Spanish immersion and three daily meals (highly recommended).
- Daily cultural activities including our Spanglish Social Event, Costa Rican cooking class, salsa dance lessons, conversation clubs and volunteering for Club A.
- Up to 5 additional hours of classroom observations and teaching assistance.
- Opportunity to help plan a lesson and co-teach for two hours with one of our established English teachers.
- A letter of recommendation with acknowledgement of the additional training.
Price: $340.00 for the first week (See Spanish Immersion Program prices)
*Please note you must have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification to apply for this program.
Need to get TEFL certified? Then be sure to visit one of our partners:
Costa Rica TEFL: Based in Samara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica TEFL has highly qualified and enthusiastic instructors who have taught English in the USA and around the globe. The core instructors all have master’s degrees in TESOL or Education with more than 10 years of professional teaching experience. The TEFL certificate allows you to teach English anywhere in the world and consists of 160 hours of training and a minimum of 10 hours of practice teaching with local EFL students. With an emphasis on the communicative approach and a high rate of interaction with students, these classes are always a lot of fun. For more information and to register for this course, please visit their website: http://costaricatefl.com/
Centro Espiral Mana: Located in heart of rural Costa Rica, Centro Espiral Mana has been teaching a number of courses for over 10 years, including the World Learning’s School of International Training (SIT) TESOL Certificate course: a world-recognized qualification in teaching English as a second language. This course includes an intensive 180 hours of ESL/EFL teacher training, providing new teachers with the skills and confidence needed to succeed in the language classroom. All teacher trainers have been licensed by SIT and have degrees in the field and a wealth of practical experience on at least two continents. For more information and to register for this course, please visit their website: http://www.espiralmana.org/